Microsoft KB Article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/how-do-i-use-problem-steps-recorder
Applies to: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
In these editions of Windows, you have the ability to record the steps you use to recreate a particular problem. This information is invaluable to Support Staff, as it provides a common procedure for them to follow in their troubleshooting.
- Click Start, and then start typing “problem steps”
“Record steps to reproduce a problem” will promptly appear in the search results
- Hit Enter (or click the icon) to load that up
- Click “Start recording” and then go through the procedure you follow to recreate the problem.
That’ll record everything but text entry. Passwords are safe, so you can log into InformationLeader safely.
- Once you are done, click “Stop recording”
- Quickly vet the data that’s captured. Most of it will appear useless, but it’s helpful for us.
When you’re happy with it, click Save, and email it to email@example.com